Beginner Sewing - Applique Pillow Class
- En stock
- Inventario en el camino
Skill level: Beginner - Intro to sewing
Saturday 2-5PM - depending on availability, check our calendar for dates.
Come make a cool throw pillow with us and upcycle fabric scraps from our studio! In this class, we design an artistic applique to be attached to the surface of our pillows. You’ll get to choose from our selections of fabrics and create your motif. Then we’ll learn how to sew in an invisible zipper and construct the pillow! Once you learn how to make one, you can make many more! This class comes with all fabric, zipper, and pillow insert included.
- What it is
- OS - 18” X 18” Pillow cover with zipper and pillow insert
- When to show up
- Please arrive 10 minutes early to class.
- For our evening classes, we recommend arriving early to get your shopping in. The boutique will be closed when this class completes.
- Switching fabrics:
- Please note the fabric pictured may not be available, but we provide a variety of fabrics to choose from!
- We find our students have the easiest experience using the fabrics we've chosen for the project. You can choose from a wide variety of handle colors. However, If you have a fabric at home you would like to use, please email a picture of the fabric, state the weave and fiber content (avoid knits and shiny fabrics here) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can let you know if it’s appropriate for the project and coordinate the use of it. You may need to come early to allow the instructor to help you cut your fabric.
- Skills learned:
- Machine Parts and functions
- Threading the machine
- How to sew on the machine
- Proper pinning techniques
- Seam allowance
- Zig Zag stitch Applique
- Invisible Zipper
- Professional ironing techniques
Learn more about our class policies here.
Buying a class as a gift, but not sure when your friend or family is available? Get them a handy UR Fancy Shop gift card and they can choose the time that works best for them!
** Please note: Children 15 and up must arrive 20 minutes early to have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver for the student in person or we cannot allow them to participate in the class. **