Crochet 101: Crochet a Scarf
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Level: Sewing 101 - Beginner Friendly
Duration: 3 Hours
In our Crochet 101 class, we teach you everything you need to know to begin the art of crochet! Participants get hands-on experience crafting their own striped or solid scarf in a few different stitches. The curriculum covers essential crochet basics, including color changes and single crochet, double crochet, and half double crochet stitches, providing beginners with a solid skill set. Plus, the pattern is made to your size! Students also have the option to select their preferred yarn type, opting for the breathable Cotton/Linen blend or the luxuriously soft Merino wool and two colors. Guided by experienced instructors, the class ensures a supportive and instructive environment for those taking their first steps in the world of crochet.
About our instructor:
Lauren "Loz" McInnes (she/her) is a crochet designer and crafter based in Brooklyn. She is the founder of sweaterpupppy (est. 2018) - a brand that builds on her long family history of tailors, quilters, and living room crocheters to bring fun, flirty, wearable wares to today's trendsetters and bikini babes. Check out her next Bikini Making Class here!
- Is this class beginner friendly?
- This class is ideal for beginners! These projects are designed to be a great first craft project, think of this as your practice project to learn the basic skills. We provide step-by-step instructions in a clear and easy-to-follow manner. The instructor focuses on fundamental techniques, so that you can learn the basic techniques before tackling larger projects that you’re really excited for!
- When to show up?
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to class. Students later than 15 minutes will forfeit their spot in the class.
- Materials, tools, and machines:
- Crochet Hooks: The purchase of this class comes with the proper sized Crochet hooks for this project. If you would like to bring your own crochet hooks, you are welcome to.
- Tools: We will have all tools necessary to complete the project, you’re not required to buy or bring any tools.
- Fabrics, yarn, thread, or other materials: Most of our classes will provide all of the necessary materials for this class. We will typically provide a wide variety of options for you to choose from. If a class requires you to purchase your own supplies, the description will specify.
- Skills learned:
- Starting a chain
- Single Crochet
- Double Crochet
- Half Double Crochet
- Color Changes
- Finishing techniques
- Class includes:
- Two colors of yarn
- Set of Crochet needles
Learn more about our class policies here. Please arrive 5 minutes early to class!
Interested in growing your skills further or have you already taken a 101 class? Check out our Sewing 102 courses, advanced courses, or other crafts!
Please note: Our intention is for you to leave with a fully finished piece after completing the class. Our classes are paced with that in mind! Depending on your particular speed and skills, this cannot be guaranteed and our instructor may advise you to do work at home or advise you to arrange a time with UR Fancy Shop to complete in our studio so that you can finish your project.
Some classes require a minimum number of sign-ups to proceed, and in the event that a minimum number of sign ups is not met, we may opt to cancel, postpone, or reschedule the class. Should a class fall short of the required sign-ups, we will notify you 24–48 hours prior to the scheduled start time with options for rescheduling to the next class, waitlist, or obtaining store credit.
Looking to give the gift of classes? Opt for a convenient UR Fancy Shop gift card, allowing them the flexibility to choose the class and time that suits them best!