Beginner Sewing - Tie Bag with Zipper
- Free worldwide shipping
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
Skill level: Beginner - Intro to sewing
Duration: Saturdays 1-5PM
New to sewing but want to learn how to sew a zipper and lining? (It’s not as scary as it looks!). Learn how to make your bag from scratch! This class is perfect for beginners or to brush up on your skills! Take home a bag of your very own.
- What it is
- Small tie bag with zipper
- Size Options - OS - H 6 x W 8 x D 4 1/2 in. x2 13” Straps untied
- When to show up
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to class.
- For our 6PM-8PM classes, we recommend arriving early to get your shopping in. We will have a very limited time after class for shopping in the boutique.
- Switching fabrics rules
- We find that our students have the easiest experience using the fabrics we've chosen for the project. However, If you have a fabric at home you would like to use, please email a picture of the fabric, state the weave and fiber content (avoid knits and shiny fabrics here) to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can let you know if it’s appropriate for the project and coordinate the use of it. You may need to come early to allow the instructor to help you cut your fabric. We also will have some alternative fabrics cut out on hand so that you can swap your fabric with another.
- Skills learned:
- Machine Parts and functions
- Threading the machine
- How to sew on the machine
- Seam allowance
- Sewing a zipper
- Sewing a lining
- Professional finishing techniques
- Professional ironing techniques
- Kit includes:
- Pre-Cut Fabric
- Scrap Fabric to practice