Quilt Star Throw Pillow Sewing Class with Krista Marie Young
- En stock
- Inventario en el camino
Skill level: All skill levels welcome, no sewing experience required.
Could your house use a little twinkle? Brighten up your space with a Quilt Star Pillow! Join Krista Marie Young in our workshop to learn the ins and outs of piecing together quilt stars and learn how to make a throw pillow. Choose from a wide variety of our complementary fabrics to perfectly accent your home. This class includes fabric, pillow insert, and sewing guide! This is a great project for any level of stitcher - from beginner to advanced.
About the instructor:
Krista Young is an artist and product designer based in Brooklyn, NY. She turns to bright colored fabrics and other materials to create geometric pieces inspired by her Montessori upbringing and nordic background. Her work ranges from home-goods to larger, explorative fine-art pieces - all investigating a childlike curiosity to find order and meaning in her world. Krista spends most of her time quilting and sewing on her Juki, planning out orderly paintings with rulers and tape, and digitally imagining new work and illustrations. See her work and shop here: https://www.kristamarieyoung.com/
Fabric, pillow insert, and supplies are included in the class! We’ll be utilizing high quality fabrics from our respective design studios for our projects. We have plenty of colors to choose from, but please note most of the fabrics are brighter colors, though we do have some neutrals and prints. Fabrics will be complimentary with the purchase of the class.
- What is it?
- Throw Pillow with envelope style back.
- When to show up?
- Please arrive 5-10 minutes early to class. If you’d like to get some shopping in, we recommend arriving earlier!
- Fabric Rules:
- We will have a variety of fabrics available for you to choose from in the class! Krista and the Fancy Shop crew have collected many high quality fabric scraps from our respective textile studios that are perfect for this quilting project. Our fabric scraps are mostly solid colors, bright colors, and a small amount of prints available. These fabrics and all other materials will be complimentary with the purchase of the class. Please see the cutting guide image for exact yardages.
- We will not offer any discount to the overall cost of the class for purchasing your own fabric.
- If you have some experience with buying fabrics then you are welcome to purchase your own! Please see the image titled “Cutting Guide” to see how much fabric of each color you will need to purchase. We find that 100% cotton quilting fabrics will be best to use for this project. If you’re unsure about a fabric, please reach out to email@example.com to see if that fabric is appropriate for this project. The Kona Quilting fabrics are easily a favorite among quilters. Please no satins, silks, knits, slippery fabrics, sequins/embellishments, lace - stick to woven cottons & blends! If you order online, please make sure your fabrics arrive in time for the class!
- Stores we love: NY Fabrics (in Ridgewood!), Gotham Quilts, B&J Fabrics, Brooklyn General Store, & Brooklyn Craft Company.
- Skills learned:
- Machine Parts and functions
- Threading the machine
- Winding a Bobbin
- How to sew on the machine
- Seam allowance
- Professional finishing techniques
Learn more about our class policies here.Buying a class as a gift, but not sure when your friend or family is available? Get them a handy UR Fancy Shop gift card and they can choose the time that works best for them!