Insulated Oven Mitt
Skill level: Beginner - Intro to sewing
Duration: Wednesdays 6-8:30
New to sewing? Want to make something cool for yourself or to give as a gift? Learn an new skill and come make an oven mitt!!
- What is it?
- Insulated oven mitt, one size fits all.
- Size - 7.5" width, 6" opening width, 12” long
- When to show up?
- Please arrive 5 minutes early to class.
- For our evening classes, we recommend arriving early to get your shopping in. The boutique will be closed when this class completes.
- Switching fabrics rules:
- Please note the fabric pictured may not be available, but we provide a variety of fabrics to choose from!
- We find that our students have the easiest experience using the fabrics we've chosen for the project. However, If you have a fabric at home you would like to use, please email a picture of the fabric, state the weave and fiber content (only 100% cotton allowed for this project) to email@example.com. We can let you know if it’s appropriate for the project and coordinate the use of it. You may need to come early to allow the instructor to help you cut your fabric.
- Skills learned:
- Machine Parts and functions
- Threading the machine
- How to sew on the machine
- Seam allowance
- Sewing around curves
- Quilting with batting
- Sewing a lining
- Professional finishing techniques
- Kit includes:
- Pre-Cut Fabric
- Heat proof batting
- Bias tape loop
Let us know ahead of time if you want to purchase a pre-cut kit for the opposite hand and we can have them available to purchase and sew on your own after taking the class!
Learn more about our class policies here.
** Please note: Children 15 and up must arrive 20 minutes early to have a parent or legal guardian sign a waiver for the student in person or we cannot allow them to participate in the class. **
Buying a class as a gift, but not sure when your friend or family is available? Get them a handy UR Fancy Shop gift card and they can choose the time that works best for them!